The only way to legally and responsibly sell cannabis in Ontario
CannSell Standard Certification is the only training program approved for legally authorized cannabis retailers in Ontario. Ontario law requires that all employees of cannabis retail stores, store managers, and cannabis retail licence holders must complete the CannSell certification before their first day of work. CannSell was developed by Lift & Co. in partnership with MADD Canada.
CannSell Standard Certification, presented by Lift & Co. in exclusive partnership with MADD Canada, educates learners about cannabis, its effects, safe methods of consumption, and associated risks. It is required by provincial law to pass this online course in order to work at a cannabis retail store in Ontario.
The following individuals in Ontario are required to successfully complete the CannSell Standard Certification:
- Holders of a Retail Store Authorization
- Holders of a Cannabis Retail Manager Licence
- Employees of a cannabis retail store
Learn how to sell cannabis responsibly and in accordance with provincial law. Lessons include:
- A basic overview of cannabis and its history
- Federal and provincial cannabis regulations
- General compliance obligations and responsible sale guidelines for both employees and retail stores
- Risks and harms of cannabis and responsible use
To achieve the CannSell Standard Certification, learners must complete the program and score at least 80% on the final exam.